Capere – a card driven strategy game for 2-4 players
Capere – a card-driven strategy game
- Capere is game of balance between strategy and chance. Players maneuver up to eight marble pieces representing Roman soldiers infiltrating enemy camps and/or surrendering enemy soldiers.
- Players must draw cards that either determine the soldiers’ movements on the 8×8 board, or reveals interference from Roman god that may help or hinder a player’s strategy for winning.
- 8×7 board
- 45 cards with 11 different designs
- 24 marbles in 4 different colors
- 2 dice
- 2 black cloth bags
- We ship to Continental US, Germany and other EU countries for $5.99
- International Shoppers: Please write to email@example.com for shipping charges
During the period of Rome’s bloody civil wars, a divided army fought for control of one of the mightiest empires on earth. Players take sides to maneuver marble stones representing Roman soldiers on a board of 8×8 intersecting circles. They must draw cards that determine the number of spaces their soldiers can move on the board. Scattered among the deck are cards representing ancient Roman gods. These god cards may help or hinder a player’s chance at winning. For example, Minerva’s Oracle gives second sight or a second chance at drawing a better card. Medusa, on the other hand, turns a player’s soldiers into stone causing him to lose a turn.
The object of Capere is to be the first to score six victory points. One victory point is scored when one of your soldiers reaches your opponent’s first row. Another victory point is scored when one of your opponent is surrounded by your army.